Thursday, June 4, 2009

Easter

Another long overdue post is our first family Easter. I was really excited to have Easter with our little family this year. Easter was always very fun for me growing up so I was excited to start some traditions with my little girl. Mike and I dyed Easter eggs even though Alena isn't big enough for it yet.

Here are our individual eggs with our names on them. Mine was supposed to be purple but it didn't turn out so I put it in the blue and that made it look like poop. :( Oh well, they still tasted the same right.

Here are all of our eggs. I think they all look good. Can you see the yellow egg that Mike dropped and broke?

I had fun shopping for our baskets. Mike and I just got plastic eggs filled with candy but Alena got some fun stuff from the Easter Bunny. He brought her some fun touch and feel books and a little stuffed bunny with a book on the bottom.

The best present was her wonderful Jumper-roo. Alena is getting more and more active and we were trying to figure out somethings that we could get her to help expend some of her energy. We were looking at the door hanging Jennie-Jump-Ups, but we don't have any door jams in the main part of our house and I didn't feel good sticking her back in the hallway to jump during the day. I was so excited when we found this fun toy. It is an exer-saucer that is on bungees so she can jump and play all at the same time. Can you tell that she totally loves it?


The last fun tradition is a pretty Easter dress. I had been looking at the dresses at WalMart for weeks trying to decide what to get her. We finally decided on this one and I was so glad. Sorry this isn't the best of pictures, we took it with Mike's cell phone before we ran out the door to church. I will try to get a better picture of it to post so you can see how pretty the colors are.

All in all it was a wonderful Easter. I can't wait for next year when Alena will be able to participate more and can start making memories with Mommy and Daddy.

4 comments:

  1. I just saw your blog on Tanya's and thought I'd check it out. I know about long overdue posts. I've been horrible at blogging. But now that Neils is in the army and that we'll move a lot, I'll have to do better. It's been so fun talking to you. Your little family is too cute. Isn't so fun being a mom. We need to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike I just found your blog via Ashley Hurst, so HI! You have a beautiful family. Fell free you check out our blog if you like
    richandcat dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete