Thursday, April 1, 2010

Remembrance

My Aunt Mary passed away last night after a long battle with cancer.  She is an inspiration in so many ways and I want to pay tribute to a wonderful woman. 

All my life, I remember her being there for every important event in the family.  There was nothing more important to her than family, and she made that constantly apparent.  She was in car and there whenever she was needed.  

When she was diagnosed with cancer, she went into over drive.  She wasn't going to miss out on anything.  She was going to spend as much time as she could with her children and grand children.  She was away from home for months at a time only pausing for cancer treatments when needed. 

My Great Grandma Angie Finlinson always made clear that family was the most important.  I feel that Aunt Mary took this to heart and truly lived out Grandma Angie's thinking.

Love you Aunt Mary.  You will be missed by many.  Loving the thought of the reunions you are having on the other side.  Give the family a hug for us.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. So sorry for your loss, Katie. Love you. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie, your tribute really touched me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! After Skylar passed away, I found myself wanting to learn EVERYTHING there was about the 2nd Coming, 1st Ressurection and the Millenium. It is AMAZING!! I can not wait, yet I know this life is so short compared to what is next. I'm excited. Your aunt is without worry or pain right now and that is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete