Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yay for Christmas!!!


So I will start by warning you that this is going to be a very long post :) The Christmas festivities started on Christmas Eve. We went in to my parents house for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Dad reads Luke 2, we have a little bit of a program from the grand kids that have stuff to share, Emily sang Breath of Heaven and that was beautiful and then we have a song that we sing every year as a family. Loser me, I forgot our camera :( After dinner we came home and got into our Christmas PJ's. It is a fun tradition from Mike's family that we have decided to continue.


We then went to bed, anxious for Christmas morning. I love Christmas, I don't think I will ever sleep through the night on Christmas Eve. 7:00 finally came so I started waking Mike up. He came around at about 7:30 and we headed in to open up our Christmas presents. Mike and I opened our presents before we got Alena up. She sleeps till about 8 so we wanted to let her sleep for a while longer.

I think we made out pretty good, what about you?

My wonderful husband got me a sewing machine :) I was so excited!!!


Then it was time to get Alena out of bed. She was not very happy with us for waking her up, but I couldn't wait any longer. We took a quick picture and then I feed her while Mike opened up her presents. I'm sure she loved every second of it :) At least it was fun for Mom and Dad.


After the fun of opening presents we headed back in to my parents for Christmas Breakfast. All while I was growing up, we always had Christmas Breakfast, which was always Waffles, at Grandma and Grandpa Hall's house. The family has gotten to large to continue doing that so it has down sized to just our family at my parents house. The waffle tradition has continued though. It is still a task to make waffles, bacon, sausage, and eggs for nearly 40 people. We split up all the food assignments and went to work.

Here we are busily preparing the food.

Isn't Brad a great Waffle maker?

See here is the proof!!

The kids sure do love Christmas Waffles


Now it was just time to hang out. Alena loves being with the family. There is always someone willing to hold her :)


Alena had to have a fun Christmas Outfit. I'm a dork and she has had an outfit for every holiday so far. I'm sure she will end up with one for every holiday till she turns 1 :)

Isn't that a funny smooshy face? She sure can pull a face.


The rest of the day was spent playing games, hanging out, eating lots more food and just creating great memories.

Here is the fam just sitting around. Do the parents look tired to you?


I told you we like food :)

So Preston is the king of goofy presents and this is what he got my dad for Christmas. The kids were having so much fun playing with it.



It was a wonderful Christmas, and I was sad when it was over. I am even more excited for next year when Alena will be a little older and we will be able to make even more memories as a family.

5 comments:

  1. Katie! It sure looks like you had a fun Christmas and what a cute little girl you have! I haven't seen you for so long but I hope everything is going well for you. I'm excited I know you have a blog now so then I can stalk yours too!
    -Carly Wood-

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I hate the Christmas is over! Each year gets more fun with the kids though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice christmas, and Alena is GORGEOUS! Its been far too long since we've seen you guys. We must get together soon! Love you all! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! It looks like your Christmas was wonderful! I'm glad you got to spend it with family. Ours was pretty quiet until my parents came out last week. Alena is getting so big! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I love the pics of Alena in her Christmas outfit. She has the cutest expressions on her face!!!!

    ReplyDelete