Monday, February 2, 2009

Alena's Firsts

Well, in the last month and a half Alena has had quite a few "Firsts". It really is so fun to see how fast she is growing. It makes me sad sometimes, but I love it. She has started holding her own bottle but only sometimes. It is so cute because she will just grab on and not want me to hold it but then other times she wants nothing to do with it.


Another thing she is doing now is rolling over. We try and try to show people but she will never do it when other people are watching so we have the video as proof. Mike didn't realize that the camera doesn't self adjust so the beginning of the movie is sideways but it flips the right way before she rolls over :)


The last thing we have video of is her sweet little laugh. In this video it is more of a giggle, but there are times when she really gets going. It is the cutest thing ever! I love my sweet baby girl so much.

We will be starting solid foods next week and I am actually excited for that adventure. Hopefully she does well and I don't have any issues with allergies or anything like that. We will also be moving her out of our room and into her crib in the nursery. I know that most of you are probably thinking "My heck, they haven't put her in her own room yet" but every time I get ready to do it I just can't. I think a large part of it is the hard time I had being in the hospital and not having her with me. It was very hard for me those first few days to not have her right there to be able to check on but I think we are to the point now where I will be okay to move her. Before I know it she will be crawling and talking and walking. Why do they have to grow up so fast? I don't understand it. If only they could be small forever. It is fun to see her personality develop more and more each day. I love that she recognizes me and reacts to my voice. Each day brings something new and I love it. Being a mom is the greatest thing ever!!!

12 comments:

  1. Katie your hair is getting so long, I love it. I don't know how that baby manages it but she gets cuter and cuter. Just totally gorgeous baby. I thinks it 's awesome you an mike got to go out. I am a little baby hungry right now so if you ever want to go out I wouldn't mine babysitting. Love your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and getting so big! Don't worry about having her in your room still. We kept Grady in our room and in our bed until he was 8 months old! Now that is pathetic! I just couldn't let him go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just love her! She is so stinkin cute. I love love her laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Alena is just getting so big!! I love the picture of her looking at you out of the corner of her eye, as she's trying to drink her bottle, CLASSIC! BTW, I love the new header, it is a great picture of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Katie. I want to rush over right now and give her a huge smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is soooooo stinkin cute Katie!!!! I love her sweet face. I love that she is always smiling too! They do grow up way too fast! But I am excited for her and the boys to play once they get a little bit older! I loved my boy cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the cutest video of her laughing!! I still can't believe how fast she's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie! What a sweet little girl Alena is! She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alena is so adorable! what a sweet little giggle. i know how you feel, you'll blink and their one! yes a play date would be wonderful evelyn loves babies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was so cute Katie!! I can't believe she's rolling over!! I haven't moved Ben out of our room yet either.

    ReplyDelete