Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Story at 2:00AM

Let me tell you a little story. . .

Once upon a time not so long ago (1:00AM this morning to be precise), I was finally drifted into a much desired sleep. When out of no where I am awoken by the loud sound of an airplane flying over my bedroom.

"What the heck!" (I thought, did I just dream that). A several seconds later, another pass. . .then another, then another, then lights shining in our bedroom window as if this plane is going to land in my "Too-small-for-an-airplane" backyard.

I woke Katie up and asked, "Katie, do you hear that airplane? Do you see it?" (I was honestly thinking and maybe hoping a little, that I was hallucinating).

But no. . .IT WAS REAL. What do you do? I mean seriously? This plane was just circling the neighborhood over and over again.

It was really low, almost as if it was coming in to land and then circling back. So weird.

So we finally decided to call the Sheriff's office (yes, Sheriff's office. We live out in the boonies). . . they told us that they already got a complaint and that they have dispatched a deputy and called the FAA, but they haven't heard anything.

Then. . .now this is the most priceless line of the year. . .the woman told me "Well, Sir, we really can't pull over an airplane."

Did I really sound that stupid to her? I paused for a second and all I could say was " I realize that. . ."

So. . .what the heck do you do?

I am happy to report that the McAllister house is still standing and after an hour of circling, the airplane seems to have . . . gone away. (but I think I still hear it off in the dstance). Anywho, so the end result of this whole experience is me and Katie. . .sitting in bed at 2:15AM, awake from the adrenaline, sharing this stupid story. . .hope you enjoy. . . .

Wait. . .did you hear that?!?!

6 comments:

  1. "well sir, we really can't pull over an airplane"... CLASSIC!

    You know what? I would still be wondering what the heck it was doing up there in the first place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is kinda crazy. I have to say I laughed out loud at the we can't really pull over an airplane...HAHA! I'm glad you guys are all safe and still have a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so strange! I'd probably be a little freaked. Did you guys ever find out what was going on??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katie! Thank you so much for your comment!
    That's exactly what I meant...juding on ALL sides. You are either selfish because you are in school, or you aren't accomplished if you aren't. You are wasting your time not having kids and if you do you should have more!
    There is no winning, because they will just judge you for what you do anyway. I think you are wonderful and amazing just as you are :)

    I really really appreciate your comment. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! What a mess!!! Mike, did you not realize they couldn't pull over an airplane?:-) I feel your pain. I am out in the boonies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you guys, It has been so fun looking through the last several entries of yours. Alena is so sweet and so cheerful and I know that you are cherishing every precious moment the Lord blesses you with. It such a treat to look in on you and see that your special family is doing so well. Enjoy this cool weather while we still have it... take it easy!

    God bless,

    Amy, Brycen, Canon, Graham and Hudson

    ReplyDelete