Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 18 Weeks

The Bump:
Not flattering at all, but it is what it is.  I'm still learning the best way to take them.  I didn't take a single one with my pregnancy with Alena, but I told myself I just have to do them, flattering or not.

Maternity Clothes:
Not quite into Maternity clothes yet, but I think if I was actually getting ready everyday I would probably be in a few things.  Funny thing is that with the weight I lost being sick at the beginning even my normal “skinny” pants are big on me.  Crazy that I only lose weight when I’m pregnant, but such is life.

Best Moment This Week:
Finding out that we are having a BABY BOY!!!!!

Meet Bryson Michael McAllister

Also, finally getting back on top of our house after being M.I.A. for 2 and a half months being so sick.  Now it is just a matter of keeping on top of Alena’s daily messes.

Movement:
I have been feeling little stirrings and flutterings for nearly 4 weeks, but they are getting stronger and so fun to feel.  Bryson is very active in the morning and at night when I lay down to go to bed.  Also, he likes to sit right up front in my tummy most of the time.  It’s really funny!

Food Craving:
I’m still dealing with quite a bit of nausea these days, so every day is a matter of what sounds good at that minute.  One of the few things that settles my tummy on a regular basis is a little cup of Sunny D.  Totally awful I know, but if it keeps me from throwing up I’m all for it!!!

What I Miss:
A full nights sleep.  I don’t think I have had one since finding out I was pregnant, and I know I won’t get another till a while after this sweet baby comes.  Kinda depressing, I like my sleep.

Sleep:
See above, but as to “How” I’ve been sleeping, the only way I can fall asleep these days is laying on my right side with a pillow between my legs.  When I wake up in the night I have usually rolled over to my back, but I have to go right back to my side to fall back asleep.  Getting in as much back sleeping as I can before my tummy gets too big to allow it any more.

What I Am Looking Forward To:
Mike and my 4th Wedding Anniversary is tomorrow.  My how the time has flown.  We will be spending the entire day Friday just the 2 of us (he doesn’t work on Fridays and I love that!!).  We will catch a movie or 2, do some shopping, eat some yummy food (we’ll see what I can stomach), and just enjoying being together.  I can’t wait!

Symptoms:
As I said before, I’m still pretty nauseous most of the time; I’m really hoping it’ll go away at some point.  I was done with nausea at 13 weeks with Alena so this just feels like forever!  I’m also starting to have pain in my lower back as my tummy is starting to pop.  Sad thing is I know this is just the beginning  

~*~ Also, just as a side note, I start weekly injections today that I will do until week 34 of the pregnancy.  They are progesterone injections that are supposed to help me not deliver early this time around.  The needle is huge, and I’m really not a fan of shots, but if it helps keep this little bugger in as long as he is supposed to be, I’m all for it. ~*~

9 comments:

  1. It's a boy! Yay! I have a whole plastic tub of boy clothes you are welcome to if you want them!

    I hope you get over being sick but, sadly, for some of us, pregnancy gets harder with each one. And as we get older (eww!).

    I know needles suck but you can do this. Just take deep breathes and picture yourself holding your sweet little boy. It will all be worth it in the end.

    Love you Katie! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: your new header pic is freakin' fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! How fun to have a little boy in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!!! a boy!!! cute cute cute!! so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats Katie! I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how organized your blog is. And way to document these facts about your pregnancy that you might otherwise forget later on. Congratulations on a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I love your header picture. It's adorable! Also, congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your baby bump picture!! I'm glad you're taking them!

    ReplyDelete